Quantcast

Super Short Story Contest 200 words or less

Bud

Super Short Story Contest 200 words or less

Bud
Another group I belong to sent this to me, it might be cost prohibitive for you guys & gals in the UK because they want hard copies sent with the entry form. If you want to look at it, here it is: http://www.hsfac.com/

Bud

I dashed one out last night and it hit the 200 words exactly, just by luck.
www.peace-train.com

Re: Super Short Story Contest 200 words or less

writingmum
Bud wrote
I dashed one out last night and it hit the 200 words exactly, just by luck.

Excellent. Good luck!!

Re: Super Short Story Contest 200 words or less

Steve Myers
Hi

I love this kind of Flash Fiction as they call it. You have to get everything into such a short amount of space it's quite a good way to realise whether your other stuff is rambling on too much!

I'm going to put one of my stories in as well.

Thanks for the nod.

Have you seen the National Short Week for the UK? I don't know if there's any money prize available because I've just discovered that one as well! Some of these websites are their own worst enemies, which is why I like this one so much - you know where you're going.

Steve

This is the stuff from National Short Story Week:

Get involved in National Short Story Week

If you write short stories then you'll want to get involved in the UK's first National Short Story Week (NSSW), which will be from November 22–28. It may seem some time off, but now is the time to get thinking about how you can celebrate the week, and use it to promote your writing.

The aims of NSSW are:

1) to get more people reading and listening to short stories;
2) to get more people writing short stories;
3) to develop creative and commercial opportunities for individuals and organisations involved in the short story.

The idea for NSSW came from producer Ian Skillicorn. As the founder of Short Story Radio, Ian has been producing and broadcasting work by new and established short story writers for many years.

NSSW is a grass roots event and it will enable individuals and groups to organise their own events on a national, regional or local level. Why not contact your local bookshop or library and offer to give a reading or a talk for National Short Story Week? Perhaps your local newspaper or radio station would be interested in doing an item about your short stories to mark the Week. Don't forget hospital and community radio too. Could you link up with other local writers to hold an event? If you belong to a writers' group, you could run a short story competition among your members or challenge each other to write a modern take on a classic short story (there are examples on our website).

A website is already up and running and more content will be added over the next few months, including a national events calendar. Go online now for advice and ideas for events. Subscribe to the newsletter at www.nationalshortstoryweek.org.uk to receive more free information, updates and support. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook too. National Short Story Week – celebrating the short story and short story writers.